Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Simplicity Utility Vehicles

rs07

I don't remember who originally made a post about a rumor the Simplicity was going to have a utility vehicle of some sort. But, the link below will prove that the rumor is true! :) http://www.simplicitymfg.com/utility_vehicle.php

The original post was by me. Thanks for the link. Still waiting on the higher-ups at work to decide if my budget request for next year is approved. If so, I'll be looking at one of these or a Gator or a Mule for the grounds crew. Downside about these machines is that they are not 4WD. The Gator HPX's are and can be used to push snow, which helps my justification for one. Thanks again. Brent

The utility vehicles Simplicity has available now, might just be test models to see how well they will sell. If they are a winner, I'm sure Simplicity will expand the line like John Deere did with their Gators and have 4 X 4's available eventually. Maybe even diesel models too!:)

One looked 4x4. My father in law has a mule that's 4x4. Pretty tough hauler. But it'll never see any real use. He just bought it to keep up with some friends.lol

Hi, I have one of these on order. They are available in red and I believe orange and green. The one I have on order is equipped with the 1500 watt generator. They really won't be called Simplicity, and right now I have a brain siezure and can't say what the official name is. They are the Snapper truck updated with a number of improvements. They should be available through all Simplicity, Ferris and Snapper dealers. I drove one at the factory and they seem to be neat units. Will know how neat after I see how well they sell. We used to sell the Haulmaster trucks until they got sold to Yazoo Kees and then they bought Pug trucks. They got in financial trouble and collapsed. Then we had EZ-GO trucks, and lost the distributor. This will be our third truck venture. I absolutely hate it when you sell something and get some units out, and situations beyond your control cause you to no longer have it or be able to support it. I suggested trucks to Simplicity Senior Marketing people several years ago. One of the traits of this company is to be conservative in growth. It is a problem with new markets, but usually when they finally get around to doing something they have researched it well and have a plan and it is well organized. I guess this beats charging into something and being wrong and have the program crash and burn. My thoughts, they are free, value accordingly. Al Eden

Al I was hoping you'd show up on this one. At our dealership we already carry the Cub Cadet and Kubota RTV. One thing I do not like about this new unit (and the same complaint we have on the Cub) is the lack of a true shaft drive like on the Kubota RTV. I also wonder if 16hp is a bit underpowered. I'd like to see maybe 20-22hp on these. At the price listed, you can add $2000 more and get the Kubota with diesel power,4wd hydrostatic drive and full shaft drive. At any rate, time will tell.

Larry, I didn't bet the farm, I just ordered one. I'll bet if I need another one if I yell, beg, whine, cry and maybe cuss a little they might sell me another one. Ya think? I have a lot of respect for the mule also. Is the cub, the same as it used to be? They used to be the Haulmaster with a slicked up hood. We sold a few Haulmasters, but they are gone now. We also had trouble with the Haulmasters. We sold one to an older couple. They would just putt around on it. It would foul plugs, and with one dead cyl fill the crankcase with gas. We lived through a year of hell, until Briggs and Haulmaster quit blaming each other and Briggs discovered that the Vangard 16s ran so cool that that caused the problem. The solution was a Briggs kit with: hotter plugs, leaner smaller carb, different tin work for the engine that ran it hotter. We put these kits on 2. The only thing that is bad is if the engine was ever pulled out and used on a heavy continous load like an auger it would likely have heating trouble. The people that bought the trucks and ran them hard had no trouble with out the kit. Al Eden

This fall I went to the Farm Technology days in Wisconsin. Every AG tractor, AG equipment, snowmobile, motorcycle, ATV, Lawn and Garden, and even some others had a Utility Vehicle there. I liked the Bobcat Toolcat the best, we are now renting one at work for snow removal (rent because the cost is $32,000).

I am friends with the boss of grounds maintenance for cemetary near my house. They are looking at one of those. That is of course if the price is right!!:D