Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

• Announcements

• Kent

Sign In or Password Problems?   10/09/2016

If you can't Sign In, you need to reset your password.  Use the Forgot Your Password link at the bottom of the Sign In screen, and the site will send you an email to reset it. If you have an AOL email account, use the Contact Us link at the bottom of the screen -- AOL is intermittently blocking email from the site.
    • Kent

Feedback Please!   10/28/2017

See News and Announcements forum.
Sign in to follow this  
Yellowbee

B series two speed pulley

Kent
Mary and Travis, Let's put it this way. I'll give you $75 for EVERY good one you can find, and that'll make you a quick 50% profit with no hassle, haggling. or questions asked.... guaranteed sale.... Deal? Kent

Kent
It's a two-speed transmission pulley that gives a Hi and Lo range (later models like the AC 700 series called these "6-speeds" but used a different mechanism to accomplish the same thing. High is the same as a stock 3-speed, while low is a little less that half that speed in each gear.... It uses planetary gears inside the pulley itself for gear reduction.... That's the "critter" below on the left.... http://www.simpletractors.com/images/b_attachments_images/hi_lo.jpg

richp
Will this gear set fit on an older landlord(64)? I think I heard the trans. input shaft might be different o.d. from the ac's. For $50 bucks, that would be A geat bolt on. Regard, richp.