Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

another project started

ehertzfeld

I'm finally going to start to redo my wonder stick. I took it all apart monthes ago. So I just have to sand/wire wheel, prime, and paint. Then to reassemble. At this time I know I need two front rims/tires, and the tie rod for both right and left wheels. Dose any one have any or all, or know where to get them. I know I have seen tie rod ends some were, but caint remember were. lol That seems to happen to me alot. any advice would be apreciated. Elon

Here's what it looked like when I got it.

Here's what it looks like now!

As far as remembering how it goes back together, well I dont! Thank god Simplicity has the manuals available. I do have it downloaded, plus I know were there is two all together. Elon

• 2 weeks later...
here is an updated picture of it. I'm getting there!

I did end up going to Robs' house to take some pictures of his to go by. The PDF files pic's arn't the best. lol Elon

I had a Jacobsen that looked like that a while back. The rearend was taken all apart and it had sat in pieces for 15-20 years, it was too far gone and I couldnt get the pulley of the engine, so I had to junk it.

It's looking good! I have one that is all apart too. keep getting side tracked with the work on it, but I do have the engine rebuilt! (Clinton 4 hp.)and the handle recromed. I'm still looking for needed parts to get her done. John

John, what parts do you need? Mine didn't come with an engine but I have a 8hp Kohler I mite try to put in it. Elon