Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Plowing Pics

Deadeye

I took a couple of pics of my fall tillage rig yesterday. It was starting to get dark and the flash went off on my camera. I plowed my Dad's garden first ( He will be 88 next month) and then I went out to the field to try to get it to plow deeper. I adjusted it several times and got it to scour pretty well by the time I quit. I have done a lot of plowing but had never used a garden tractor before, it was fun! This is the same plow I rescued from the steel pile at the landfill this summer. [img]/club2/attach/deadeye/plow I.jpg[/img] [img]/club2/attach/deadeye/plow II.jpg[/img]

Looks like alot of fun...I have never used one but hope to one day I need to get me one of those plows one day..

Nice job you are doing there! and nice looking tractor. But are you going to plow that whole field with that tractor. Its look like it will take you a LONG time[:0]

Looks good! I was just over at my dads today and plowed his garden. I see you have the armstrong lift system.May want to get a counter weight before finishing that field. ;) Mack

Looks like the A-C is doing a fine job. I have to say, the tiller is someone hard to lift out of the ground because I don't have a front weight, but I can easily make one between projects. How much does it take to make it easier to lift.

quote:
Originally posted by mowerman1193
Looks like alot of fun...I have never used one but hope to one day I need to get me one of those plows one day..
Mowerman you know where there's one you can use or Buy anytime you want too..:D

quote:
Originally posted by Mack
Justin, Check this out. http://www.simpletractors.com/club2/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=31937&SearchTerms=counter,weight
Thanks Mack I was thinking that since I have a 40lb suitcase weight, that I could Make one that I could easily take off.

Nice looking AC. Looks a bit undersize in the field, but thats ok, if you got the time, its got the guts to do it under. Way I set the depth on mine was to drive the rt rear tire up on a 6x6 then the crank the plow til it sat flat. Most the time I'm plowing 6-7 inches deep, any deeper and the front axle drags when in the furrow.

Thanks for your kind comments! Yes the B-112 has the original turf tires on it yet. I was surprised it worked that well as it is quite dry here this fall. I may try to build one of those counter weights as it is a bit heavy to lift when plowing.