Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Vacuum Hose

Bill8203

I got out my Agri-Fab vacuum to remove my leaves in my yard Saturday and discovered my 6 in vacuum hose had split into about midway up the hose. I went to the hardware store and purchased a 6in stove pipe cupping and 2 clamps and I was back in business. The only problem I ran into the leaves clogged up at the coupling about a dozen times. What a pain. I stopped in the Tractor Supply store today for a new one (witch they do not stock) and got a very big surprise on the cost for a replacement. $110.00 for a 6 in diameter spiral hose 80 in long. Ouch! :( Here is my question does any know where I can order a vacuum hose at a little more reasonable price? Or do you think I should quit my whining about the cost and pay the price. :( Feel free to weigh in :D Thanks

I don't understand the problem with the steel coupling. Considering the flow of leaves, can you set it up so there are no seams that will get in the way of the leaf flow?

Here is a link to a resent post on this topic http://simpletractors.com/club2/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=38922 with several places that you can get the vac hose.

quote:
Originally posted by Bill8203
I got out my Agri-Fab vacuum to remove my leaves in my yard Saturday and discovered my 6 in vacuum hose had split into about midway up the hose. I went to the hardware store and purchased a 6in stove pipe cupping and 2 clamps and I was back in business. The only problem I ran into the leaves clogged up at the coupling about a dozen times. What a pain. I stopped in the Tractor Supply store today for a new one (witch they do not stock) and got a very big surprise on the cost for a replacement. $110.00 for a 6 in diameter spiral hose 80 in long. Ouch! :( Here is my question does any know where I can order a vacuum hose at a little more reasonable price? Or do you think I should quit my whining about the cost and pay the price. :( Feel free to weigh in :D Thanks
Bill, I like your style and approach. At almost $17 per foot you sure don't sound like your whining about the cost. See the post I just made in the Tech Tips forum. I know you can get more bang for the buck.

Hi,I went and brought 6" drain tube ,tile, non perfrated(no slotts) 10'length at Lowes for less than $10.00 . It works great seams to hold up for the last 2 years.

Iv been using the 6" drain tile tube for 3 years now, they will flex and hold up well. One problem i have had is after it sets outside for a long time the plastic will split. But it so cheap and easy to fix. I have a pic of my home made vac system on my profile pics. Iv been real busy vacing yards, we have a no burn policy here.

You might want to read this post. It has links and manufacturer names to look into for replacement hoses [url]http://www.simpletractors.com/club2/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=38922&SearchTerms=vacuum[/url]

Thanks for all the great information. :D I will let everyone how I made out on replacing my vacuum hose. Bill W.