Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

vacuum attachment

Dave-Saratoga

Dave-Saratoga
ok guys- here's an apparent oddity for you - a blower assembly that is "reversed". any ideas as to what it fits? the hitch definately works with simplicity/ac but the blower intake is on the wrong side. [img]/club2/attach/dave-saratoga/front.jpg[/img]

A while back, I bought a mighty mac chipper that had the pulleys mounted on the wrong side too. what else is out there that has similar mounts but drive pulleys on the opposite side?

Doesn't that go onto the 300 and 400 series Allis Chalmers tractors? They had RH discharge decks. I have actually seen once where a guy took a Simplicity deck, and cut out the RH side and stuck it under his Allis after installing RH discharge blades. I am not sure how well it worked spinning the blade to blade belt backwards(this would pull wrong on the sprung idler arm), but he did it. I am sure someone out there would want that vac. Tim

Dave that a right hand mower discharge set up. and the blow can't be reversed becuase it will blow back out the mower deck. might be better to find a right hand discharge mower if you are going to use it. But they sure do work well in picking up the leaves, beats rakeing.

i have one just like it. i use it on a 416 a/c. it will also work on the 300 series . if you need one for a right hand discharge i will trade you one for that one. DAVE i'm sorry that one is for a right hand discharge. you need one for a left hand discharge. JJ

Dave-Saratoga
interesting proposition JJ. this one is fine, didn't pay any attention to left or right hand when i bought it. that'll learn me. drop me an email so we can work out the particulars.