Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

CAn you say S- N- O- W Oh Nooooooooo

SmilinSam

No where near ready for it , but the two week forecasts here are calling for the possibility of snow. My Conquest cab is still in the box... Havn't even started assembling the blower hitch.... Still need to get the power rotator group manufactured..... and I havn't even washed off the mowing equipment yet, or split enough firewood for that matter.... Im just not ready for this yet!!! Behind the 8 ?

quote:
Originally posted by SmilinSam
No where near ready for it , but the two week forecasts here are calling for the possibility of snow. My Conquest cab is still in the box... Havn't even started assembling the blower hitch.... Still need to get the power rotator group manufactured..... and I havn't even washed off the mowing equipment yet, or split enough firewood for that matter.... Im just not ready for this yet!!! Behind the 8 ?
That's what you said last year.

I can relate Sam, been snowing and melting for almost 2 months around here, yesterday I had to put the blade on the 725 with just ag tires to plow the driveway. Today I got my roller done only to find out the 725 can't pull it through 4-5 inches of snow. Guess it pulls harder then pushing with the blade . Mower is still on the B-112 and I just now drug the chains in for the Landlord. The snow blower is still out under the semi and I don't have enough wood haulled in outta the forest yet, much less split. To make it worse, I know winter is a month late setting in and I'm still not ready, never have been, likely never will be.

Predicting SNOW here for next week also! The way it looks we won't even get the leaves vacuumed up either. Been wet and drizzly for a few weeks now and the 3.5" :(!of rain last night didn't help either. Haven't had time to check and see if the snow blower we bought on ebay will work on the Legacy XL. The PTO on it looks like it is to high and the PTO shaft is way to short? One good thing is if it snows it will make people think about ice fishing! Of course the deer hunters want snow. They might have a tough time this year with all the water around now after the rain. Oh well I've made it this many years unprepared so another year won't hurt ?|)|) if the boss doesn't get to UPSET:I;)

quote:
Originally posted by BLT That's what you said last year.
I know it! But last year I DID get all the firewood split ahead of time. Looks like I'll be on the Split and stack between snowmelts plan this time. Got a 6 week supply done and up by the furnace. Got a 6 - 9 month supply unsplit piled on the cement down by the barn.

If the weather forcasters in your area are like the ones here you have nothing to worry about...The last few weeks here they have been totally wrong...The other day they showed full sun and warm temps..so I made my plans and never seen any sun and rained all day (rained hard too)..Yesterday was supposed to rain all day with out any sun..More than 3/4 of the day was mostly sunny and never did rain...Not sure what kinda money they make to guess the weather but I think I could guess as good or better than they do...

I say "Im not ready yet!" every year...This year is no exception..The cab is still hanging in the garage...with the yellow light not yet mounted, deck is still on the 818 and the blower is still in the pole shed. But, I did manage to replace the windows in the kitchen and install 2 new windows above the landing in the stairway.

Well were still seeing rain here Hopefully we will have a while before we get some Snow.. I got my cab partially mounted on my 7010 six speed but I think I will mount it on my 3410S I'm wanting to sell the 7010 six speed..

Don't say that four letter word! I'm in the midwest and it was eighty degrees a couple of times last week. Too much rain and not enough dry time so I couldn't even get the garden plowed. Hoping for it to dry out. I probably won't bother with snow handling this year, last year I did more harm than good. Had a couple of 1" to 2" snows and bladed the driveway. Ended up with a sheet of ice that didn't melt for weeks.

maxtorman1234
SNOW:) Bring on the snow:D:D [img]http://www.simpletractors.com/club2/attach/maxtorman1234/dscf0018.jpg[/img] I have the 716H with the 42" blower ready, the 917H with the 42" needs trans work still, and the 410S and blade are ready for winter too.

simplicity707
Well, I finally found a great 32" snowthrower for my 707 and the motor finally gave up on that last mowing day, so I'm not ready either.