Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

How Much do you plow/blow with your tractor

SmilinSam

I had to vote 300 or more because I usually plow my dad and brothers drives.If I have time I do the Salvation Army lot across the street and some neighbors.The only one I charge for is my brother,(6 to 12 cold ones).;) Mack

I have a shared drive with three other houses. The main drive is like 500 feet long with three smaller branches. The other house has an aditional 500 feet drive off of the main drive. Yeah I plow/blow alot! Like Mack, I dont charge them. It's my way of making it worth all thouse houres listening to me drive around the rest of the year! lol Witch non of them conplain, they just laugh and shake there heads. lol Elon

Is this linear feet or square feet? I plow my wide driveway, my neighbors wide driveway, my other house's long driveway and the wide driveway.

I only plow my cement slabe in front of garage with my small tractor, use a 801 ford with bucket and a F250 Ford to do the rest! Drive is about 500' long plus all the other stuff! [img]/club2/attach/gmackle/1.jpg[/img]

Zero, actually. Rarely ever snows here in middle Georgia. When it does, we just stay home until it melts an hour or two later.

Our drive is 78 feet and we get our share of snow sometimes in central MO. Two other subdivision residents (JD owners) and I share duties on neighborhood drives. We blade - nary a snowblower to be found. 2 JD owners compete against each other while I work till I get cold.:I

Man did I click on the wrong thread...LOL Although we did get down to 42deg for the first time, night before last.

Have not plow anything here in s.c. but if I get a big snow 2-4" I'll get my AC914 with blade and do about 350 ft. just to see what it like to play with my toy in the snow.

:D Very funny Billy Jack:D I walked mine off, I plow about 560 feet of driveway, a 25 x35 parking spot in front of the house and about 60 x 100 behind the house. I also try to keep a path along the 'stuff by the woods' wide enough for the pick-up I'll guess at 100 feet. Last winter I also kept a walking trail open around the back of the propety which is 1/3 mile. I NEED A CAB , or better sence.

Now I forget how long. I think it was somewhere between 700-800 feet not including the circle drive in front of the house. The circle drive isn't in the picture since the picture was taken in 1993.

I am going to have to double my vote as I tried for the first time fitting the 7117 with blower, my truck and wife's car in the 2 car garage attached to the house, so I will now have to keep the tractor in the garage out back and blow up to the house. Was blowing leaves with it today, making sure everything is ready to go.

• 2 weeks later...
Hmmm...My drive is about 90'...the neighbors drive is about 450...and I also am lucky enough to blow a path to the horses and the hay...!

quote:
Originally posted by Bill_Wells
Sam. You gota plow 1/4 mile from the barn to the mailbox........ You do still have a mailbox, don't you???????
Ha HA:D Looks like you finally found your way back here Bill ! Lets see.....MAilbox...mailbox....Hmmmmmmmmmm Two got blown up and the last one dented. Yep the dented ones still out on the post. I'm waitin for it to get finished off before I get a new one..

My primary weapon:

OK don't laugh, it's still orange. There's an 8 HP Simplicity 826 in the garage for the real heavy stuff. This is the reason why:

It takes longer to turn aound with a rider then a walk behind. My 12 HP souped up Broadmoor can really toss it. My 826 turns on a dime and gives change.. Then you ask why do I have so many tractors?