Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Vacuum collector question

mb

I have a vacuum collector for my simplicity 7117. The Collection bag that attaches to my simplicity cart is a pyramid shaped canvas collector. My is starting to show a lot of wear and will need to be replaced soon. I am fairly certain that the canvas cover is a factory simplicity cover however I have not been able to locate a part number. Does anyone know what I am talking about? Is it a factory item ? Is there a possibility that it is still available from simplicity.

You have the first one like that I recall seeing posted here. A tent and tarp shop, if you have one around may be able to sew you up one too match it.

I agree...I have never seen one like that before...Not saying its not a factory canvas but if it is I think its probably a rare one..

I have a couple of them like that - it gets pretty heavy behind the 717 Broadmoor when full. I am pretty sure you can still buy it from Simplicity. I think those are from the late '60's or early '70's. The original owner of mine bought it around 1968. The vac motor I have is from about 1975, and it came with a spare cover like that. They work good for the most part. Tim