Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Christmas Comes Early : My Simp Garden Cart

Tacey

My wife laughed when the eBay bidding was ended. I cringed (a little), but I finally had my Genuine Simplicity Garden Cart. I picked it up this evening, so I guess my Christmas present to myself came early this year (isn't it funny what we'll do to 'justify' our spending.) I admit I got carried away by the bidding. This Cart is the first one I've ever seen 'in person'. The quality is beyond my highest expectation. It is in excellent shape, nearly as nice as the seller's description..."Like New". I'm actually looking forward to using it. Any guesses how much I paid? No fair looking at eBay now, if you don't know...lol Tacey

Pics now, we need pics. I looked it up and I don't think you gave too much for it as the condition does speak for itself. Beside, you got what you wanted.:D That's always a deal in my book.

nICE FIND I looked for a while foran origional Simp. cart and all I could come up with is an agri-fab cart painted simplicity orange.:D

quote:
Originally posted by ambler
Randy, was that the one near pittsburgh?
Yup. Less than an hour's drive from home. I have been informally looking for one for over two years. I will use this piece. I have a bunch of landscaping to do, primarily moving dirt from an adjoining woods to my various landscaping projects. It will save me a lot of unloading work. I have worn out a cheap discount-store cart ovet the last three years. I didn't want to get another one of those. Tacey

quote:
Originally posted by D-17_Dave
Pics now, we need pics. I looked it up and I don't think you gave too much for it as the condition does speak for itself. Beside, you got what you wanted.:D That's always a deal in my book.
I'll try to post a pic soon. It really just looks like a new one from the 1970's era. The paint is a little scratched, but no dents to speak of. The quality is stunning. The metal is about 2X the thickness of my cheap cart. The "fit" of the panels is right on. It has grease zerks on the wheels. The square tube frame steel is really heavy. These things are built to last a lifetime. Just what I had in mind. Tacey

Congrats Randy, I'm glad you got it. I seem to remember 140-150 was the price range. I think you have time for another Xmas gift!

Tracy you said landscaping I guess you and the trialer are the only one interested in that project or is something you are do to please the other half. You could always have told her you couldn't have done it it without the new toy, have fun , we've all been where we've all maybe paid a little to much but some times thats the way it is. Ken

quote:
Originally posted by KVANDY12
Tracy you said landscaping I guess you and the trialer are the only one interested in that project or is something you are do to please the other half. You could always have told her you couldn't have done it it without the new toy, have fun , we've all been where we've all maybe paid a little to much but some times thats the way it is. Ken
I do the landscaping myself 'cause the professionals charge huge bucks for the job. My new toy will certainly help save the old back. Most folks (including some wives ;)) don't understand this old iron stuff. "Why would anyone buy an old dull scratchy orange thingy when a nice new shiny thingy costs less?" Tacey

quote:
Originally posted by ambler
... I seem to remember 140-150 was the price range...
This item sat at $41 bid for about 3 days. Not until the final day did another bid show up. I didn't bid until near the final hour. Then, it got interesting... Tacey

Tacey that way it allways works on e-bay just bought a 26"simplicity lawn revitalizer, for my 727 boardmoor, last 10 minute of biding it was at $50.00 at the end I won the bid for $152.50. one bidder to start ended up with 8 different poeple bidding, I"ll bet some of them were our fine friends in the club.

quote:
Originally posted by KVANDY12
Tacey that way it allways works on e-bay just bought a 26"simplicity lawn revitalizer, for my 727 boardmoor, last 10 minute of biding it was at $50.00 at the end I won the bid for $152.50. one bidder to start ended up with 8 different poeple bidding, I"ll bet some of them were our fine friends in the club.
My wife deals on eBay a lot. She heard that some listers have been using 'Shills' to falsely bid items up until the very end of bidding. This is unfair and should be monitored. I also wondered if one of our own SimpletrACtors bretheren was bidding on my item. Tacey