Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Made from spare parts

RenegadeJ

This is a tractor that I assembled from 4 or 5 different parts tractors. Need to sandblast and paint the wheel rims yet. Having the decals made for it and they should be ready by Friday. Kent, Thanks for the pictures of that decal as it was just what the people at the sign shop needed.[url="pop_download.asp?mode=Edit&dir=renegadej&file=13137"][img]images/disk.gif[/img][/url]

Looks Great! Job well done! Did you sandblast everthing? What did you use for paint, can or spray system? I would be proud of that work!

I used 1969 Chevy hugger orange. Had the paint mixed at Paint supply company that mixes auto body paints. Must have used wrong primer as the finish coat curdled on the hood. Wll have to sandblast the hood again and redo it. If anyone interested in the paint code number I can get it off of the can tomorrow. Matches Simplicity orange pretty darn close. When I get the decals from the sign company I will post pictures and see if anybody is interested in ordering decals.

Very good job, Lon. Maybe we should start a new class of tractors that are built entirely from extra parts. Here is a picture of my AC713S that has parts from 8 or 9 different tractors in it.

By-the-way, AC never made a 713S from the factory. What model are you going to call yours?

Roy, The chrome pipe is mounted to the hood. It is slightly larger than the pipe coming out of the muffler with a notch cut in in. When the hood is closed the chrome pipe slides over the pipe from the muffler. The hood opens and closes like any other hood. Best thing is that I have eliminated the "black hole".

Looks nice I have a couple of tractors that I started taking apart to make one and kind of gave up on... Seeing this, makes me want to get back on the project..

Nice looking parts tractor! This is why Ive had to explain to my wife time and time again why I dont throw anything away! You never know when youll get the rest of the parts to make another one!