Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Simplicity 4041 Powr'max Restoration

jshotts

I have a Simplicity 4041 Power Max tractor and I am trying to restore it, but need some help. I am looking for several parts for it. I need a Bull Pinion Gear (part # 168053) and Axle Coupling (part # 168050) which are No Longer Available through Simplicity. I currently have AG tires (21.2 x 4 - 12) and rims on the front, but I would like to either trade or buy rims/wheels for turf tires (20 x 8 - 10) or with turf tires. I also need an Onan flywheel assembly for a CCKB series engine. I have the flywheel, but I am missing the magnet assembly. I assume that the flywheel and magnet were balanced as a whole, so I guess I would need a whole flywheel assembly. I would like to know if PPG or some other brand of paint makes duplicate colors for this tractor and what the paint codes might be. I am also looking for a complete decal set. I would like to have the original seat reupholstered. Any help appreciated.

There's a 4040 listed in the clasifieds now that has most of your parts. Could probably get that whole thing for what you could buy the parts for. Some parts may not interchange, but you could swap out the hole rearend. I think I have a flywheel, I'm away from home right now but I'll check Sat. and let you know.

Found rims with trailer tires that will fit the frontend. Think they are for a boat trailer. Don't really like the trailer tires but they were like 40 bucks each.

By the by...welcome Jeremy to the best tractor site on the web! The 10 bucks is well spent and the guys are great here!!

Aw thanks Tom:) your making me blush lol He is right though, there are lots of great people in this club. Welcome friend Elon

Oh Ace hadware store makes paint that is "allis charlmers" orange Its for machine and impliments. You can but it in a spray can or by the quart, and maybe gallon. Elon