Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

advice / opinion

RickS

Hi, I have two tractors a 3416H and a 7012H. The 3416H is set up with 4 AG tires (fronts reversed for steering), weights, but no chains. The 7012H has sno-hog front tires, and turf tires with chains (two link) for the rear (but no weights). Now for my question; I have a 42 inch blower and a 42 inch plow. Which tractor should I put the plow on and which tractor should I put the blower on? In the past I have run the blower on the 7012H and the plow on the 3416H. But that was before I got the four AG tires on the 3416H. If it helps my driveway is paved by the house and dirt leading to a dirt road. I usually have to clear part of road as well. I really don't want to switch the tires between the two tractors since the 7012H I use to cut my lawn in the summer. thanks Rick.......

I would figure out witch you will use more of. I caint comment on using AGs but I know a plow is much faster. But a blower will give you more places to put snow toward the end of winter. I would also put the weight on the plow. With a blower you dont go as fast so traction isn't as important. Just my opinion Im sure someone will dissagree. Elon

I typically use the plow on a tractor with ags, and no chains. Some spinning is inevitable using a plow, and then it doesn't scuff the paved driveway like chains do... My 2 cents...

For what it's worth, have you considered swapping tires around? That way you could have the blower on the tractor with the 16 horse engine and the plow on the one with ag tires....