Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

410 does this sound about right.

10HorseMan

Found a 410 w/ 3spd shuttle, mower deck and in pretty good shape for about 300 bucks. He said that the carb started acting up like it had trash in it when he parked it. How do the shuttles work, i've never used one. Does this sound like a deal planning to go get it sat.

The shuttle is one atempt at an alturntive to hydro you have forward and reverse in each gear, but you need to clutch in between them. Not bad ,but I will still take hydro over all else.

I just want it to mow with, thought it would work better than the B-110 because it was a shuttle. So the shuttle will make the mower go backwards in 3rd, but can you slow it down in third if it hits a pile of grass.

maxtorman1234
No, the shuttle can go forwards/revers in any gear. Unless it has been changed? All shuttles are 4 speeds. They go slower than 3 speeds. THey are handy but adjustments can be annoying. Overall, if its setup right Mine has been great for filling trenches, cutting grass and pulling. If its setup right, you can put the shift lever in nutral and shift gears without clutching. :) They are not variable, you either have full forward or full reverse. You can sort of vary the speed, but you don't have much power unless you have all the tension on the belt(full forward/reverse)

I use the clutch/brake pedal to slow down enough to get through the thick patches.Have used a 410 to mow,till,pull a moldboard plow and push a 46" snow blade for over 25 years with no problems. Don't be scared to make a lower offer as there is most always room to haggle on the price.Good luck on it. Mack

I am actually quite impressed with the shuttle. You can change direction without using clutch. I like it better than my old vickers, which when real cold was sluggesh. Shuttle works good for a poor mans hydro.