Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

just scored on another sovereign!

JB3212v

Well I just picked up another sovereign to keep my 3212v company. It is a 3112v with 42" deck, new blades, new drive belt,lights, new front tires, and hydro lift8D. Steering and gearbox seem to be tighter than my 3212. Has a new muffler so it is quieter too. Owner said he wants a new simplicity and the dealer didn't want his old one so he put it out for sale along with his murray that had a new engine. I wasn't interested in the murray for $450 but was very interested in the simplicity for $105!! I just couldn't pass it up. Doesn't look quite as good as Kents nice 3112 but it isn't too shabby. He said he had trouble with the gas tank he had "fixed" with some type of coating put on the inside coming off and plugging the filter? Haven't looked inside it yet but does anyone know where I could get a new tank if I need one and how much they go for?

I have needed a couple tanks in the past. Posted a want ad on here and got a few reponses right away. Reasonable priced. Can't remember now but it seems they were in the $25 neighborhood??? Sounds like you practically stole that machine. Congrats. Brent

Congrats on the new old tractor. Sounds like it was well worth it considering all the new stuff that came with it. Check classifieds, ebay, or put an ad in the "Wanted Parts" section of the classifieds for another tank or check with a local dealer...Don't know about price though... I know that "just couldn't pass it up" feeling all too well. It might be something in the paint. LOL

Hello and welcome. I would join the club and then you can enjoy all the benefits of being a member. Great deal on the tractor. JH

I don't know the man's name but I know there is a guy in Mayville that has a lot of parts and I know Walley down in Iron Ridge has some also He might be able to help.Bob

Well I mailed in my membership fee today and will have to get a hold of a camera to take some pics of my machines soon. Who is this Walley you talked about that may have some parts? The owner said a new tank was around $100 so I will have to run it and see if it is really the problem. But for now the lawnmowers are parked away for the season unless I find a snowblower for one of them. A sicklebar and rototiller would be nice also. Unfortunately these don't have a cone clutch setup so accessories are harder to find around here:(!