Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

• Announcements

• Kent

Sign In or Password Problems?   10/09/2016

If you can't Sign In, you need to reset your password.  Use the Forgot Your Password link at the bottom of the Sign In screen, and the site will send you an email to reset it. If you have an AOL email account, use the Contact Us link at the bottom of the screen -- AOL is intermittently blocking email from the site.
    • Kent

Feedback Please!   10/28/2017

See News and Announcements forum.
Sign in to follow this  
2980mike

BALLPARK FIGURE 728

2980mike
i have a broadmoor 728,it had an 8 horse briggs and stratton and i replaced it with a 12 horse briggs and stratton.the paint is in pretty decent shape and is factory paint.ive been workin on this for bout a month now and is coming along fine due to the great help from everyone in here.i was just wondering what a broadmoor 728 in good working order would be worth or a ballpark figure.i have a snowblade for it and thats all the attachments i have for it for now.besides the mower deck that is in excellent condition.ill probably take it back apart this winter and paint it after i get everything fine tuned. thanks 2980mike ALSO THANKS FOR ALL THE HELP SO FAR EVERYBODY

mowerman1193
Its really hard to say what its worth...But the small frame tractors do not bring much compaired to the larger frame tractors (Landlords ect)..Over the last 4 years I have been collecting Broadmoors the highest I remember seeing on ebay was about $600 and that had a tiller,snowthrower,winter cab,weights,mower deck and lights ect on it..Guy that sold it would have been much better off spliting it up and just selling tractor with deck...for a few hundred...The most I have payed for one was $50 and all the ones I have ran good with a carb cleaning..

lndscpr
I picked up a 728 recently. It had a newer engine, brand new belts and ran like a top. came with a mower deck with sharp blades. also had good paint and seat. Paid 150 because a friend of mine needed a mower. just purchased a nice snowblower for it for $45. I think i got a good deal but a broadmoor can be had for much less if you wait. Either way it is a fantastic deal when you price out a comparable modern mower.