Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

• Announcements

• Kent

Sign In or Password Problems?   10/09/2016

If you can't Sign In, you need to reset your password.  Use the Forgot Your Password link at the bottom of the Sign In screen, and the site will send you an email to reset it. If you have an AOL email account, use the Contact Us link at the bottom of the screen -- AOL is intermittently blocking email from the site.
    • Kent

Feedback Please!   10/28/2017

See News and Announcements forum.
Sign in to follow this  
tmerideth

"New" HB112

tmerideth
I just picked up an AC HB112. Tractor is in good shape, less the cruddy paint job someone put on it. Needs a new seat and some TLC. I got the tractor in a trade for a Simplicity 7016 that I got from KillerAC. This will be one of my many winter projects to get this one looking good for the spring shows. I also have several B's in the 110/210 flavor, a 616, 4 AC 300/400 series, a 710, a 916, and a 5216H that I retrieved from the local landfill. In non-AC stuff, I have a Case 195, an MF 14, and a Bush Hog HD12. I hope to be busy restoring for quite a while
Here's some help with the pics ... Kent [img]http://www.simpletractors.com/club2/attach/tmerideth/HB112Front.JPG[/img] [img]http://www.simpletractors.com/club2/attach/tmerideth/HB112Rear.JPG[/img]

tmerideth
Mack, I am impressed. Why yes,as a matter of fact, that is a sickle bar mower for the 300/400 series. I have never seen one before I found this one. Kent, those are Guide lights. I will admit, I don't know enough about these tractors to know the significance of Guide lights. Appreciate all the comments about this unit. I am proud as punch with it. Killer-AC, thanks for showing me how to upload these pictures.

Kent
Tom, Guide brand lights were the original ones sold and/or installed by Allis and Simplicity dealers from kits, rather than aftermarket ones from the local auto parts or HW store. They're worth more than brand new ones from NAPA, for instance....

Chris727
Sounds like you do have plenty to work on this winter, the massey sounds neat too, I've got an MF16. That sure is a nice HB112. Rob, I too have been watching for one around my area but have yet to find a hydro "B", seems like everyone bought standard 10HP models around here when they were still sold, I guess thats what the dealer pushed.

Kent
quote:
Originally posted by MPH
If one was too score a good source of guide lights, about what would we all be willing to pay for them in good shape?
The going price in New England seems to be $40 or so for a pair that isn't dented or rusted out... with mounting brackets or older style mounting bar, add another $20 to $35...