Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

• Announcements

• Kent

Sign In or Password Problems?   10/09/2016

If you can't Sign In, you need to reset your password.  Use the Forgot Your Password link at the bottom of the Sign In screen, and the site will send you an email to reset it. If you have an AOL email account, use the Contact Us link at the bottom of the screen -- AOL is intermittently blocking email from the site.
    • Kent

Feedback Please!   10/28/2017

See News and Announcements forum.
Sign in to follow this  
MN_FISH

52" Snowthrower ?

MN_FISH
Is there anybody that uses or has used a 52" snow thrower for the Powermax or 720 Allis? I thought:I they were two stage.Looked at the attachment section for the 9020 & 720 and they are a single stage. It says they work good because of the auger speed. Any input about them and of course thanks in advance. Northern MN and 50+ :Ddegrees with warm temps forecast and no SNOW predicted. As long as we have some for Christmas that's fine with me;) We do need COLD temps to freeze the lakes for icefishing^

StanD
They work great, with minimal snow you have to go like H to keep them loaded. Deep snow will give the Onan a work out but does a great job. I use ag wheels & tires front & rear. Fronts cut thru snow rather than push & rears also bite better, still need chains. Tread width with ags give you the advantage of not having to drive thru much snow as it is already gone. Stan

MN_FISH
Thanks Stan I have the high floatation tires and a set of chains. The fronts are wore out turfs and they even slide with the dethatcher on the front. I'll have to check on tires for the front. Which way do you have the bars facing on the front. Cost prohibitive to buy wheels & tires for the back? The way it looks it might be a short winter up here?

Tuffy
The big snowthrower is one beast. It throws snow a good 40-50 feet. Does an outstanding job but can be dangerous. Do not, do not have anyone standing around this thing it is a monster and like all machine one needs to be careful. Be extra careful around the beast. Steve