Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

• Announcements

• Kent

Sign In or Password Problems?   10/09/2016

If you can't Sign In, you need to reset your password.  Use the Forgot Your Password link at the bottom of the Sign In screen, and the site will send you an email to reset it. If you have an AOL email account, use the Contact Us link at the bottom of the screen -- AOL is intermittently blocking email from the site.
    • Kent

Feedback Please!   10/28/2017

See News and Announcements forum.
Sign in to follow this  
KSever

Electric Lift Blues

KSever
Put the used electric lift in Sunday, worked fine for all the time I played with it up and down. Today I went out to finish the wiring on the tractor and had to raise and lower the lift just for kicks. Bad Luck had it! Stripped out the ball screw rod. Looks as though the stop nut came off the inside screw rod and the whole ball screw unscrewed itself all the way apart, dropped all the ballbearings on the floor. Sure wish there was an easy way to fix this. But I think I'm going to send it back to Saginaw to get an estimate on having it refurbished. Unless somebody knows anyway to fix this? I have tried putting the balls back in but have had no good luck today..

sandyhillbill
not real sure what we are refering to exactly but I've had similar problems in the past and you may try to coat the balls with heavy grease to hold them in place while you re-assembly the unit.

ka9bxg
I work on transmissions here once in a while and I use grease from my grease gun holds it on well and with a little oil on later it thins right out.Is this the unit that you bought at Baraboo last year? Bob