Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Briggs Extd Dipstick - Thanks Kent, Reed, Ray

PhanDad

I picked up a used extended dipstick for a 16 HP Briggs single cylinder. Seems it's going to interfere with the solenoid/SG/muffler support bracket that bolts to the top of the Briggs. Anyone have one of these? I didn't see it mounted on the engine. Is the dip tube support arm bolted on using one of the head bolts? A pic would help me a bunch. Thanks.

I don't think I have a pic of my HB-216's engine on the server. It bolts to the front, right head-bolt looking from the driver's seat...

Kent, Thanks for the reply. Does the Briggs in your HB-216 have a S/G? If so, did you attach the dipstick bracket under the S/G bracket that's on the top head of the Briggs? Or is it mounted overtop of the bracket? It makes a slight difference in measured oil level, but not that much to be concerned about I guess. Just trying to find out what a "factory" setup looks like.

Here's a couple of shots of my 3415(16?) and 3410 with the extended dipstick and S/g if it helps. Well the 3410 doesn't have the extended distick but just for referance......... [img]/club2/attach/reeds/dscn853m.jpg[/img] [img]/club2/attach/reeds/dscn0606m.jpg[/img]

[img]/club2/attach/Rays/HPIM0427 Copy.jpg[/img] [img]/club2/attach/Rays/HPIM0428 Copy.jpg[/img] Bill, here are a couple of pictures of how I notched the starter generator bracket so I could use the dipstick tube on my 16hp Briggs.

Kent, Reed, and Ray, Thanks for the info, especially the pics. I have the same issue as Ray with the S/G bracket on my Briggs. Currently I'm using a Nelson muffler, so I guess I could cut off the front part of the bracket to make it look like Reed's 3415, or notch it like Ray's to allow for a possbile future front muffler installation. Decisions, decisions. Again, many thanks for the photos.

Bill I realized after I posted that photo the exhaust muffler wasn't on it then. I had to repair the muffler and I've since been running it with the standard nelson muffler minus the bracket with no problems as of yet.:o):o);) [img]/club2/attach/reeds/dscn0620m.jpg[/img]