Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

cab

Drtumolo

About a year ago someone posted pics of a hard cab they made for their simplicity tractor. I am trying to locate these pics but am unable to find them. Anyone out there that can help?

Gregc, Thanks that is the link I was looking for. I am thinking about doing a similar type of project and wanted to look at it again to get some ideas.

Thanks guys, this post sparked alot of compliments, it was definatly worth the work. I actually thinking of selling this tractor in the spring...don't even think I'm going to sell the cab. I have another Sunstar waiting for a restoration including a Command 25hp engine that I picked up a year or two ago. Dan P.S. I still need to get the cab put on for winter, hope it still fits(LOL)!

Yep, It sure looks great Dan. It's got me thinking about building a cab for my 410S. I was wondering if you could tell me how wide it was and how high the roof is from the fenders. Just trying to get some ideas of size. Thanks,

I think a 300-400 series tractor would lend itself very well to a custom built cab. The fenders & hood are fairly sqaure which would just make all the sheetmetal work easier to do. My Sunstar also has this advantage. I'm not sure I would want to try a Legacy just yet, not saying that it couldn't be done. It would just be a lot more of a pain. I will try to remember to take the measurments for you tomarrow. If i don't get back with you by Sunday please PM or email me to remind me. Dan

My cab is 33" wide and 44" tall from the fenders. Please keep in mind my seat sets up 5"-6" above the fenders which reduces the height inside the cab. These measurments made it look right on my tractor, but may need to be adjusted to make a cab look right on yours. I personally like to see a little bit of the fenders beyond the cab, so width could change per application. Also keep in mind if you are a broad man, you may want more shoulder room. I am thin to average width so this works for me, but may not for you or someone else operating the tractor. For the height, I sat on the tractor and had someone else measure from the fender to the top of my head and then added for headroom. This also could change depending if you're a short person or a tall person. I am 6' so I didn't leave as much headroom as if I were say 5'2". Remember you will have heavy clothes on also. It helps keep the cab in proportion and if you would ever decide to sell it,then it would "fit" other people.Just my two cents worth!! Dan

Great, Thanks. Now I have a rough idea of what I need. I'm 5'8", so I'll try the same height you have. I have a rough idea in my head of what I want, And I figure my cab will be 35" wide so I have lots of leg room. I also plan on making something to divert the heat from the engine into the cab. I like the way the front of your cab lifts up so you can open the hood. I'll be using plexiglass for windows, and 1" square tube for the frame. Don't know when I'll get arund to making it, just have to get the materials, and get my uncle to weld it for me.