Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Will i be put in the ban if i buy a cub-cadet???

KohlerMan

Hello all, I have been recently offered a cub 1200 3-speed gear drive. I have always wanted one because they don't have any drive belts--all shaft driven. I can also get a P.T.O kit, so that allowes me to build a rear mower. I also love those old 12 h.p. kohler engines, there GREAT! He only wants $100 for the whole thing, IN RUNNING CONDITION! I would appreciate all the input...Thanks KohlerMan;)

Go ahead and buy it for that money, sounds like a great deal. Just remember, when you come to the coffee shop, park it out back and come in through the delivery door. ;);):D:D

Be hard to kick you for buying any running tractor for 100 bucks. If I had 500 to blow I'd buy a JD140 I know of, just because I want the hydro left/rt front blade with it and the green cart that's part of the grass catcher. Pretty sure I could part out the rest to some guys I met in Anchorage.

I just sold a cub 102 (~1965) for $100.00 with 2 mower decks. The front pto needed work but that little tractor is a horse. I'd go for it. JH

I've got two, a 124 and a MTD 1110H. The 124 backs up my AC 714H, and the 1110H is for sale. I hope I'm not banned. Really like the 124, very simple and strong. Mike

How will you know how good a SimpletrACtor is unless you have something to compare it to? ;) The Kohler alone is worth the hundred. Go for it! Tacey

How's that Cub coming along,Steve? I see Pauls Equpt. here in town changed their name,but they still have all those Cubs out in their yard.

The Cub has been sidelined for a few months. I suddenly have a number of projects to deal with. Hopefully I'll get that monster air compressor up and going, that will make short work of the sand blasting. The plan is to re-assemble and paint late next spring... Steve

Hi John, I have 3 Cubs and 3 Simplicities. Another good site for Cubs is http://ihregistry.com/. My opinion it's a better site for Cubs.

You may have to sit in the corner for a while... lol lol No problem, the best way to truly apperciate what you got is to try another, tractor that is. That will not hold true for wives. lol

• 2 weeks later...
Go for it...... I've got a couple of em too& I happen to know of another club member that has one, but ain't sayin a word. He He.

John,if I were closer to your area i would beat you to it,No one made fun of me when i bougth my 2 AC's,so go for it,it is your hobby& money.Later ,Jim

John,I also have 4 cubs-3 john Deere-1 M-M -1 Oliver -1 Massey Ferguson,looking for A FORD,White and a Case,then my collection will be complete,Later Jim