Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

• Announcements

• Kent

Sign In or Password Problems?   10/09/2016

If you can't Sign In, you need to reset your password.  Use the Forgot Your Password link at the bottom of the Sign In screen, and the site will send you an email to reset it. If you have an AOL email account, use the Contact Us link at the bottom of the screen -- AOL is intermittently blocking email from the site.
    • Kent

Feedback Please!   10/28/2017

See News and Announcements forum.
Sign in to follow this  
MPH

My Grass was Green----update for Justin

MPH
Posted pics a couple times last summer of my stripes in the lawn and the grass always looked half dead. Picked up a 3 mega Pixel Vivitar camera in late summer only to find my old computer could not compute it. My son helpped me out with the situation by upgrading me in the computer world too a new laptop, which is been different to get used to using as photoshop 7 doesn't work quite like photoshop 5.5. Finally got my aging brain cells to grip it and downsized a pic of my lawn last summer, it actually looks as green as the fishmealled grass did.

No need to be jealous of my grass now Justin.

PhanDad
Marty, You're lawn looks great. I'm jealous. I can get mine to look like that in some places in late spring/early summer, but then the summer heat kicks in, not much rain, and the trees sucking up what water is available browns it out and kills some of it.

MPH
Maynard, the reelmower shots were with the old camera, notice how brown the lawn is around the 725, I was tring to use the reel to 'pop' dandilon heads off. The grass was just as green as in this pic. Bill, I'm thinking useing the fishmeal instead of fertilizer kept mine from burnning last summer, slower release. I was only home on weekends to water and granted, my pump run at least 40 hours while I was home, we has ZERO rain from the end of May through Aug. My power bill dropped 50 bucks in Sept. so it was kinda spendy green to only enjoy 2 days a week. Kirk, I'll go along with the 'white' part of your comment. Can skip that adj. you used in front of it.

MPH
Hmmm, interesting, I'm on the old computer this morning and the grass isn't near as green looking, maybe you guys were seeing nicier strips last summer then I was. Guess its called a 'virtual world' for good reason.

KSever
Marty, What time of day is that snow pic? I always like to see your pics of your property and especially when you post the pic of your thermometer outside. I would really like to visit Alaska someday hopefully soon, as it's about the only state I haven't seen so far.