Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Decal Man on EBAY

HammockJA

Who is the person selling Simplicity decal sets on EBAY. I need to discuss the DEMONSTRATOR decal on my Broadmoor. Hoping he can do this one for me along with a full set for broadmoor and Soverign.

The guy selling decals on Ebay (the last I knew) is not a memebr of this site..I bought a set from him about a year ago..I belive the only sets he has is what he is selling...The sets he has are overlayed (ie the base color is cut then he cuts the next color and sticks it onto the base cutout)..Not a bad thing I guess unless you get some multi colors going then the decal starts getting pretty thick with all the layers... I can get Broadmoor decal sets ( I think ) from the shop I had mine done at..Reason I say I think is because rumor from a friend told me they are not doing personal work any longer only commercail accounts...But I would think I can get them seems the artwork is already on file...I doubt I can get anything new though...Below is a link to the decals that I have made up and also for the 707 model Broadmoors... http://www.geocities.com/mowerman1193/717rest-page2.html?1055947607160 As far as I know nobody has made up any sets for the Broadmoor other than what I made..I sold a few sets on here but there wasn't enough intrest in them for me to keep going and expanding to other model tractors...It cost alot to get a set made up because of all the artwork involved...Its been a couple years now and I don't recall for sure but I payed about $250-$300 for the first set..Now that they have the artwork on file they cost about $100 for the complete set..

I think that is Tony Gilleto? He does a lot of Massey decals. I've heard good things but I don't know if they are still layered or not. I would only use a one layer, silk screen type decal on my equipment, and so far have not found any.

Mowerman, how did you send them the artwork? I've sent files to get vinyl signs done, and wonder if I could do the artwork for tractors?

Scott, I took off the sheet metal and had the sign shop do all of the work, LOL Thats why it cost me a fortune to have them done...I could save alot of money if I could do the programing/art work myself...

• 2 weeks later...
quote:
Originally posted by mowerman1193
The guy selling decals on Ebay (the last I knew) is not a memebr of this site..I bought a set from him about a year ago..I belive the only sets he has is what he is selling...The sets he has are overlayed (ie the base color is cut then he cuts the next color and sticks it onto the base cutout)..Not a bad thing I guess unless you get some multi colors going then the decal starts getting pretty thick with all the layers...
IMO, Any decal that has been layered won't hold up for long in the sun and from washing. One of our pumper trucks at the firehouse has layered decals on the and they are starting to chip and peel. It's probably best to go with silkscreened ones.

Nick is right about the vinyl for decals. I owe a plotter that cuts vinyl letters and the vinyl is ownly good for 3-7 years.I believe we have a new member that has decal making equipment but can remember who it was, somewhere in NC. Ken