Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

6008 (Updated)

Simplicity314

I picked up these tractors today. I posted pics in show+tell: http://www.simpletractors.com/club2/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=41767 saw an ad for a 6008 with a blown 8 h.p for $35 bucks. Also has a deck and another 6008 parts tractor for $85 all together. what do you allthink?

BUY THEM! Even if you have to part them out- If the deck is good that's worth well more than $85.00, plus the rest of the parts. And thats the worst case scenerio- You could end up with a nice little winter project if everything is there.

Jim, buying up broadmoors is the cheepest and easyest way to build a collection. I started with a 5008 last year, now I have 5 Broadmoors alone! lol go for it. Elon

hello, i have a 6008 and i really like it.in my opinion its well worth the money you are talkin.the deck and parts would be worth that. 2980mike

Are you guys sure those decks are worth $85? I've got one I haven't been able sell for $40.00, but it does need bearings.

quote:
Originally posted by Simplicity314
saw an ad for a 6008 with a blown 8 h.p for $35 bucks. Also has a deck and another 6008 parts tractor for $85 all together. what do you allthink?
I have a 6011, which is the same tractor except mine has an 11 hp. I have run mine for over 3 troublefree years. I push & throw snow in the winter, I cut grass in summer, haul firewood and landscaping supplies in spring and fall. I beat it like a rented mule red-headed step-child, and it comes back for more. Tacey