Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

cab mounting pics needed (completed)

KSever

I am trying to make this cab fit my AC314 and am down to the front skirt mounting. I am going to make the front skirt out of a walk behind cab that I had left over that already has the clear plastic windows from along time ago which is no problem. The question and pictures I need are how to mount or attach this front area to the running board and side of the tractor hood. If somebody could take some pictures of this area and how it's attached I sure would appreciate it.

Thanks Levi, but are you talking about the material itself or the frame? I have the frame mounted, everything is on. But I have to make the front bottom material since I picked this up cheap it didn't come with the front bottom material to cover the running boards and my feet. By the way it's Kris not Ken

Sorry kris; what I said before was the frame bolts to the side panel and cross bar . as for the canvas there is a kind of pocket on the bottom that goes along the running boards and in frount of the of them with a bar to hold the pocket out in front of the brake. if you have a fax machine I can send you the picts, I have no camera. hope this helps

This picture was taken last winter.I don't have it mounted yet for this winter.I do have the mounting instructions for this cab that Original Cab was kind enough to send me last year.I have them scaned and can e-mail them to you if you like.

Thanks Guys for all the info and Thank You Maynard for the 2 manuals they were a big help. Decided to cut up the old vinyl from the old truck seat I had laying in the barn, forgot it was in there and the vinyl is alot heavier. Someday I'll have to order the real thing.

Nice job on the cab Kris! It will be nice not to have to deal with snow in your face and should cut down the wind chill factor you feel.:)

Thanks for all the comments guys, it's been real fun trying to get this tractor back together after tearing it completely apart to rebuild. Now that I know almost everything works next spring I can take it back apart and paint it with automotive paint. Now just one more thing to do before mounting the blower and that's finding ANOTHER electric lift that actually works this time. I've had two lifts and they both stripped out. The first one lost all the bearings and the second one had the retaining nut come off inside and the screw came all the way out and dropped all the bearings.

Great job Kris, That will keep the snow out of your face, plus the black color will add a little sun heat if we have any! Good JOB!

Kris, I have one of the NOS allis electric lifts that I bought on ebay it had the nylon gear inside but I switched them out to metal, decided to go with hydraulics and now I may put it back on ebay. let me know if your interested.