Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

• Announcements

• Kent

Sign In or Password Problems?   10/09/2016

If you can't Sign In, you need to reset your password.  Use the Forgot Your Password link at the bottom of the Sign In screen, and the site will send you an email to reset it. If you have an AOL email account, use the Contact Us link at the bottom of the screen -- AOL is intermittently blocking email from the site.
    • Kent

Feedback Please!   10/28/2017

See News and Announcements forum.
pofarm

Transaxle rebuilding kit

pofarm
Is there such a thing as a kit to rebuild a System 3008 Broadmoor transaxle, or will I have to scrounge the seperate parts and pieces to do a rebuild? If I'm gonna use it this year to mow with I'm gonna have to rebuild it.

mowerman1193
Funny you mention this because I just tore down my Broadmoor trans the other day to do a rebuild of it...Everything in mine looked good but the planitary gear was shot and it was missing the balls and springs for the shift forks..Not sure if they worn away or they wasn't there to begin with..As far as I have seen there is no kit other than you can order a new planitary kit (new gears and shaft) runs about $140 on Jacks..But there are far more gears than just that in there..Maybe the planitary gears is what goes bad in them...I plan on tearing another (spare) trans to see if I can salvage the parts from it..Then I will put in new bearings and seals...All the bearings and seals will run me about $75..Looks so far like most everything is still avalible other than a couple of the shafts from what I have found... Good luck with it...Not too hard to take apart..but I can't say yet how it will go back together...Only tip I can give at this time is to drain the trans before you take it off the tractor...I would have saved me a big mess..But my tractor came apart two years ago for a complete restore and I didn't think about that at that time...

Al
Hi, You will have to order piece parts. One caution, when you put the tranny back together get the "flats" on the shift rails correct as they are the interlock that keeps it from going in 2 gears at once and tearing up a set of gears. I am not near a manual now, but it is in the shop manual and is the most crictical thing in putting one of these back together. Al Eden

Mack
Sure do! Repair Manual- http://www.simplicitytechpubs.com/6767PRINT/PDF_files/TP_500_569_00_BM_S.pdf Operator's/Parts Manual- http://www.simplicitytechpubs.com/6767PRINT/PDF_files/TP_400_2932_00_BM_S.pdf