Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

I Spied---------but couldn't score it

MPH

Had to make a trip to Fairbanks, which ended 50 miles short of home when the van decided to blow a water pump, but it's home and in my shop now. While in town, I spotted this Wards Power Trac, knew who built it as soon as I saw the blower, has a model 19 briggs, built in 1959, mfg # 99016. So What Simplicity model is it someone? I know we have a few experts here on these. Its in for a new head gasket, told the shop owner to offer the guy 200 bucks trade in on one of his new electric start models.

has a 3 speed tranny

picked up one of those throw-away cameras too get a couple pics of this Honda 5518 last time I was in town for my brother. Used it up enough cutting wood to wally world it today.

This would be a Simplicity model VC.:) With 3speed+ hi&lo,and reverse. Check my web page for more information. Karl [url]http://www.simplicityva.com/simpmodel-3.html[/url]

I knew you could identify it Karl. Thanks. Not holding my breath on getting it as the shop owner gave me one of those looks 'like, maybe at the owners estate auction someday', when I threw out my offer.

Perhaps the tractor acquisition Gods will smile upon you. I'll do a quick chant to conjure up maximum support. I'm not much of a two-wheeler guy, but sure would hanker after that critter in what appears to be durn good shape, 'specially with the blower. Can't have too many 'blowers in your neck o' the woods, eh? Stay warm up there and good luck convincing the owner to part company with the old girl. Studies have shown that all vehicle water pumps wait to fail until the ambient temperature is in either single or triple digits.

Do you think you could get the owners # and deal directly with him. This would give you some ideaas to how deep his roots go into this unit. He might go easy.

Water pumps up wait until you have your new winter antifreeze in and its at something below zero Bob. Gave thanks today for the motivation the Good Lord gave me 4 years ago to build my shop. Good to see you back. Good thought Dave, but the picture in my mind of the owner is he moved to Fairbanks in about '47, mailordered this from Wards in the winter of '58, and is a nice but crusty ole f---. Would like to meet him though.

Marty, How true...my last pump failed on the one-ton Ford out in the Columbia Basin at a friend's place...with no shop. I was lucky, ha ha...temp was a balmy 8 above zero (not celsius either), but the winds were kind enough to stay below twenty knots during the repair (so I reckon it was below zero with the windchill factor). The two-hour job took two days thanks to someone's (or Ford's) earlier use of low-grade bolts in an application going through three dissimilar metals in a high-corrosion application....grrrrrrrrrrrr! I said many words not fit for mixed company about halfway through the 15th hour of effort. I managed to land somewhere with easy computer access for a couple of days. Figured I'd best take advantage of it and say howdy-do to y'all. Keep that shop stove stoked now.