Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Electric lift

mowerman1193

Just wondering if the electric lift systems such as on a 3415H would have down pressure like the old hydro lift systems on the old Simplicity 2010? Thanks, mowerman1193

Kevin, pretty sure thats a no. The rear lift rod has a slot instead of a hole to prevent that on my 3314. Believe I've seen front lift rods posted here that were spring loaded for some dowm presure. Think down presure on the electric lift strips out the gears.

Thanks Everyone, I thought I knew the answer to the question...I just wasn't sure as I don't have anything with electric lift... Thanks,

The front lift rod has a slip joint with a spring which will give some down pressure with some safty. The rear lift rod on 3400 series is a 2 piece rod with a slip joint in it that is designed to lift but not give down preasure this is a safty feature for the tiller incase it hits something. It acts the same as a float position on a hydrolift. The manual lifts do not have a down lock feature. This one is on ebay right now [img]http://i17.ebayimg.com/02/i/02/d9/1a/ab_1.JPG[/img]

The slip clutch on the electric lift works in both directions. My past exp. with the same type actuaters on sat. dishes tell me that it doesn't matter whitch way the load is applied, as it will work both ways. The later models with cable linkage of course won't pus, however if you put a solid lift rod in place of the split rod like Maynard showed you will have down presure and then some. I had a solid rod on my 212 when I put Hydro lift on it and really didn't like it. I changed it too the split style rod and I get along much better.

My 7018 with electric lift will lift my front tires off the ground when I push the snow blade all of the way down. Scrapes ice right off the pavement. No pressure on the rear due to cable. DaveM

I have had a slolid lift rod for the dozer blade and have lifted the front end off the ground with it. After a while, you will end up bending the lift rod if you hit bumps, etc. and even though you can straighten it out it will be weaker and bend again later on. I have not tried using a solid lift rod on the rear yet.