Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

sleeve hitch parts

pbrenner70

Someone posted a picture with all the part numbers for the sleeve hitch to fit on the B210 and said they were still available. I have searched the archives for it but I cant find it. Does anyone still have it? Thanks

That was the one I was looking for! thanks so much. According to that post, A brinly sleeve hitch will fit our Allis Chalmers? Lowes sells brinly hitches as well as the Tractor Supply Company.

Yep Paul, the Brindly hitch is the same thing. A lot of the older guys around here call them a clevis hitch. I should say the sleeve hitch implements will fit our Simpletractors. I doubt the hitches TSC or Lowes have will fit without serious work.

Thats a shame because I looked at the brinly sleeve hitch kits at Lowes and it looked exactly the same as what is in the pictures for the original Allis hitches but I need to measure the distance between where the pins go onto the back of the tractor. thanks for everyones help

Brinly-Hardy is a brand name that makes hitches for many Brand name tractors to attach the Brinly style hitch implements Brinly-Hardy made implement attachments for many tractor MFG"s the MFG's all used a different design hitch to fit there particular tractors. A Brinly sleeve hitch for a Simplicity/Allis Chalmers is not the same as a Brinly Sleeve hitch for a Cub' JD' MTD, White or Bolens. They all used there own design where it connected to tractor. Simplicity/Allis Chalmers made there own hitches for the Brinly-Hardy implements.

I learned that the new Brinly implements don't perfectly fit either of the Allis/Simplicity hitches. The new attachments can fit the "new" style hitch, but there is some play in the hitch. The new attachments will not fit the old style hitch unless either the hitch or the implement is modified. I am basing this on the new cultivator and box scrapper which Brinly sold through home depot.

The Simplicity plow I got with my Landlord tells me the old style Simplicity hitches had about a 1 inch wider 'jaw' then the newer ones because I have use a 1 1/4 in nut ( think it is) as a spacer on the new style hitch I have. Also had to use it on a hitch part my brother sent me up a few years back that he had laying around, with was a brinly part.