Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Will This Work???

Bunky

I thought I had everything ready to mount the blower off my B112 to my 3410S then when I was looking for a Belt number it showed a kit number to adapt the blower, I have the correct hitch for the 3410S so can I used the B sereis blower???

quote:
Originally posted by Bunky
I thought I had everything ready to mount the blower off my B112 to my 3410S then when I was looking for a Belt number it showed a kit number to adapt the blower, Will this work ?? I have the correct hitch for the 3410S so can I used the B sereis blower???
Will what work? Every OEM belt is made to match the OEM size pulleys and hitch for a specific application. If you're mixing attachments and the pulley sizes are different than OEM you will have to select an appropriate length belt or swap pulleys.

Generally the 1970 and older blower have a smaller frame and a smaller drive pulley on them. You cannot put a bigger pulley like used on the 1971 and newer blowers because there is not the clearance room. If you want to mount that blower on the newer tractor the hitch would fit, but your pulley sizes are going to be all different and so thus will be the torque and power needed from the engine . Its all custom work you are looking at.

Thanks Sam that's what I thought after I got looking into it, I thought that all the 36in blowers were the same, Goes to show you learn something new everyday....

Bunky, I put a older single belt blower on my 7013 and used the origional hitch from the blower. I had to modify the engagement arm and lever to fit inside the body work and I had to put a large dia. pulley on the engine shaft to get the speed I wanted, but boy does it ever throw the snow. WOW! I have a 16HP in the tractor and I can walk through hard pack 3 foot deep no problem. Good Luck.

Bunky, It will work. You just have to do some research and/or experimentation to get the proper pulley ratio to match the available power. After testing a 42” snowthrower from a Simp 3112 (AC B-112) on a 7012 w/manual front PTO clutch, I didn't think it had enough power to suit me with the large clutch pulley, so I adapted it to an 18hp V-Twin Sovereign. I installed an electric clutch on the front PTO (not an available OEM option), modified the 3112 hitch, and selected an appropriate length belt. The 3112 snowthrower pulley was retained (notice the guard would prevent installing a larger pulley. The pulley ratio was higher than OEM, but the 18hp has enough power to drive it. [img]/club2/attach/dutch/3112-sov.jpg[/img] [img]/club2/attach/dutch/arm-installed.jpg[/img] [img]/club2/attach/dutch/close.jpg[/img] [img]/club2/attach/dutch/snow2.jpg[/img]

i had the exact same situation that dutch did and i agree what you propose would work, it may take a little bit of work/trial error. In my case i got a new hitch kit from simplicity, but the belt was too long because the pulley as shown in dutch's pic was too small. Well i removed the guard and got the correct size pulley from jacks, now the belt fits BUT no belt guard, so i had to male one out of some 1/4 in rod. Good luck with the project!

I've also mounted an old snowblower to a Soverveign tractor. I installed a 6 1/2" dia pulley on the snowthrower shaft and made some fingers to help keep the belt on the pulley. The 6 1/2" pulley is the largest that will fit and the required size to match the electric PTO driver pulley (snowthrower isn't over speed with the engine at full throttle). Here's a pic: [img]/club2/attach/phandad/Fingers_0002.jpg[/img] I also modified the original clutch/hitch by cutting off the clutch engagement arm. The entire clutch/hitch assembly fits inside the front frame of the Sovereign. I use an electric PTO, so I engage the clutch manually once (with a big screwdriver) and leave it engaged. I use a 63" belt with this set up. Here's a pic of the blower mounted with the upper part of the clutch/hitch hidden inside the frame: [img]/club2/attach/phandad/Snow_0037.jpg[/img] Here's a pic of the electric PTO: [img]/club2/attach/phandad/Rebuild_0004.jpg[/img]

Bunky, I can't remember where I got this site about belts and pulleys, probably from this forum, but maybe it will help you calculate your pulley sizes. It does get technical in some spots. Good luck! http://www.gizmology.net/pulleysbelts.htm

quote:
Originally posted by MPH
Nice work Herb and Bill, you guys just prove, if you want it bad enough, you can do it. What made America great?????????
Ditto guys!!