Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

New member, first tractor and 1st attachment

hdrhdr

Hello to all members. I first purchased this 725 about 3 weeks ago.

I found this forum and found it to be helpful so i joined. Best 10 bucks anyone could spend for the info you guys have. I advertised for a blower and thanks to RayS was able to get this one. along with a set of rear tires, center PTO, front PTO pulley and wheel weights. Thanks Ray, Had to drive 193 miles one way in white out conditions and that was the first snow of the year.

I worked on the blower over the holiday, had to make conecting rod and belt fingers but it was on and runs great, now for the snow. I then had to put the blade back on to move brush in the brush pile. when I get the blower back on I'll take some more pics. The information in this forun is terrific. I wouldn't want to build a tractor without it. You guys are great!!!! I was reading the links from last year when MPH was doing his -50 viscosity test and by the end of the links was laughing so hard I had tears in my eyes. Its not just the information you give, its the gratitude you correspond to other members when repling to them. Its actually nice to find a group of people who really care about others as everyone here does. My cuddos to everyone and hope to be a helpful member someday. hdrhdr (Randy)

Welcome to the club Randy. What the model # on the engine you have in that 725? I can tell it's not a model 19. Is the frame under it cut out some for the flywheel?

Welcome Randy to the Club, Great looking tractor and Wow attachments already! Took me about 6 months to get around to picking up attachments after I had to shovel snow and walk in the garage and look at that tractor laughing at me. Enjoy the club and all it's info, you can spend ALOT of time reading here and also on Kents site (our founding father) http://www.simpletractors.com Kris

MPH, it has has a 10 hp installed about 20 years ago. M# 243431 type 0520-01 s# 7212251. I have found that I am the 3rd/4th owner. I bought it from the local gun club that it belong to. a club member donated it and he got it from his father-in-law that bouhgt it new and replaced the motor. nothing has been cut on the frame, but he did beat out the hood for the air cleaner and cut the hood for the S/G bracket. They (the club members)used/abused it for the last 15 or so years. It was at the outdoor range (36 acres). I was responsible for the range for 6 years and always made sure it ran but with a couple dozen different people using and wrenching on it i gave up, then the club said lets get rid of that piece of junk and I spoke up and said I'll buy it. ($100) and they took it. I spent 2 evenings trying to get it started and after a carb rebuild it fired!!! And with that I"M HOOKED and want more!!!

As others have said, welcome to the club. And do watch out for multipling tractors. When I found the club a year and a half ago, I had one tractor. I was up to 4 until recently when I parted out the Homelite T-10 I picked up this spring.

Bad deal Randy, ya heard ONE run and now you have the orange/yellow fever. There is NO known cure. May as well enjoy it. Nice way to get started, with a 725. If God told me I could only keep one, it'd be my 725.

I have no problem with more tractors. When I brought this one home and gave it a good cleaning, I asked my wife to come to the shop and look at my new toy. Her response was "Its cute, I like it" That's the same thing she said the first time I spent the night with her 15 years ago:D Last night I hooked up a small trailer and asked if she wanted to take a ride, so we spent about an hour riding through the woods. I asked her if it would be as much fun if I was pulling her with her "Ranch King" and she said NO!! My next build will be a small "T" trailer in it so I can put a chair in it. Anything to keep the better half of our lives happy;)

What you need is a trailer from a walk behind. It already has a seat on it.All you have to do is make a new hitch. Those tractors are a bad habit is seems all I do during the summer is go to tractor shows .I mostly take the car so I can not bring any more tractors home.Good luck.Bob

Welcome! It's good the other half dosn't mind. Mine dosn't either (so she sez), but a few guys here have played musical tractors every now and again! Don't worry too much about the abuse, they can take a lot. Any bullet holes in it?

Welcome Randy!! You have a heck of a good start with that 725. Before you know it you'll have a mower deck, plow, lights, everything will be stripped down to paint. Then you have to buy another to use untill this one is back together. "The point of no return"

Welcome to the club. Nice Simplicity 725 to start with. When you start with one tractor they will keep on multipling. Karl [url]www.simplicityva.com[/url]

Welcome to the club Randy, nice looking 725. Be careful I bought 4 AC with the intent to fix them and than sell all of them, that was 3 year or more ago, still have all of them. All run, can't figure out why I haven't been able to sell them. Now working on a 727 boardmoor.See what mean about being careful. Ken