Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

3410S wiring Help

Bunky

I have a 3410S and in the process of putting a switch in the dash I found a light blue wire that comes off the regulator (with the Tan wire) and by the wiring diagram it appears to go to the Gen. light Everything appears to work Charging, lights etc.. I only see a place for 1 wire on the light... How many wires are supposed to be on the light???

quote:
Originally posted by Bunky
I have a 3410S and in the process of putting a switch in the dash I found a light blue wire that comes off the regulator (with the Tan wire) and by the wiring diagram it appears to go to the Gen. light Everything appears to work Charging, lights etc.. I only see a place for 1 wire on the light... How many wires are supposed to be on the light???
What is the switch going to be used for? How much current will it draw? I wouldn't recommend tapping into another wire. I would connect it to an appropriate ignition switch terminal depending on if you want it always "hot" or only "hot" when key is on. I would use an appropriate guage wire and also put an appropriate size fuse or CB in that wire.

The switch is for a saftey light I have proper gauge wire (12 gauge) which is bigger then the wire from the light it will be wired to the hot side of the solenoid with a 10 amp fuse...
quote:
Originally posted by dutch
quote:
Originally posted by Bunky
What is the switch going to be used for? How much current will it draw? I wouldn't recommend tapping into another wire. I would connect it to an appropriate ignition switch terminal depending on if you want it always "hot" or only "hot" when key is on. I would use an appropriate guage wire and also put an appropriate size fuse or CB in that wire.

Ok well I took the light out and the wire is supposed to go up through the bottom so my light is broke and I put the number in on jacks and it doesn't come up.. Would it be ok If I just connected the two wires together

is the bulb broken or the scocket for the bulb . i don't think i'ts a special bulb that it takes the way they are wired i'ts has to have at least 12 volts on each side of the light to make it go out. i hope that i unstood the question. JJ