Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

• Announcements

• Kent

Sign In or Password Problems?   10/09/2016

If you can't Sign In, you need to reset your password.  Use the Forgot Your Password link at the bottom of the Sign In screen, and the site will send you an email to reset it. If you have an AOL email account, use the Contact Us link at the bottom of the screen -- AOL is intermittently blocking email from the site.
    • Kent

Feedback Please!   10/28/2017

See News and Announcements forum.
Sign in to follow this  
Orange

Snowblower conversion from front PTO to mid PTO

Orange
Hello, I took some pictures of an older two pulley PTO hitch that used to operate off of a front PTO. I used another modified hitch to convert it into a "new" mid PTO hitch. It works well and was fun to make. I wish I were a better welder though. I'm hoping practice makes perfect. before

after

before

after

"new" hitch mounted on AC917

Mounted on the 917 with blower with blower lowered to ground.

All I need now is a bunch of snow. If you need to I can try to take some measurements. I'm glad I had the other hitch to use as a template.

PhanDad
Looks ok to me also. Thanks for the view from the back of the tractor toward the front - it shows alot for those of us that have never saw a mid pto hookup. I'm still looking for a hitch like you started with to replace my modified old style clutch/hitch combo.

Orange
Thank you. I wish I would've asked to see what the factory version of the mid pto hitch looked like. I finally saw a picture yesterday and it would have been quite a bit simpler to make. Live and learn. I still had fun making it though :)