Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Snowblower conversion from front PTO to mid PTO

Orange

Hello, I took some pictures of an older two pulley PTO hitch that used to operate off of a front PTO. I used another modified hitch to convert it into a "new" mid PTO hitch. It works well and was fun to make. I wish I were a better welder though. I'm hoping practice makes perfect. before

after

before

after

"new" hitch mounted on AC917

Mounted on the 917 with blower with blower lowered to ground.

All I need now is a bunch of snow. If you need to I can try to take some measurements. I'm glad I had the other hitch to use as a template.
  • Like 1

Looks ok to me also. Thanks for the view from the back of the tractor toward the front - it shows alot for those of us that have never saw a mid pto hookup. I'm still looking for a hitch like you started with to replace my modified old style clutch/hitch combo.

Thank you. I wish I would've asked to see what the factory version of the mid pto hitch looked like. I finally saw a picture yesterday and it would have been quite a bit simpler to make. Live and learn. I still had fun making it though :)