Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Not OEM batteries

StanS

Right you are, Tim. I don't know what the 'oldies' take, but my neighbor's Baron and my SunSpot use a BCI group 22NF. It's pretty obvious that they don't take a U1 since they have automotive style cable clamps, no matter what a salesman might tell you. Of course no Simplicity dealer would make a mistake like that!
Fred

Hi pal Tim, now I know why my tractor's battery tray has all of that room left over with a SEARS DIE EASY setting in it. And now that I have a Walmart near me now I will know were to get a real battery> Thanks ->jackl<-

Fred, Back in the 70s I also bought 22NF but can't find them now. Had a hard time finding the right case size and found that the 51 series has the same size case. Thought it was a replacement for the 22. Shows how little I know. Tim

Tim,
If you know enough to get one that fits and works, what else is there? Don't know about PA but in WI I get them at Blain's "Farm and Fleet".
Fred

My Simplicity dealer only sells the small tractor batteries. The old Simplicities and ACs all came with auto batteries and that's what the charging system was designed for. I buy the 51 series auto batteries for $54 bucks at Wall-Mart. I do not use those litte garden tractor batteries. If you do use the small ones they run $19.95 and 29.95 at Wall-Mart depending on the Amps. The Simplicity dealer sells them for $40.00. The dealers will probably dispute what I've said but it's my opinion and I'll stick to it. Tim

I found Interstate makes the 22nf group batt. for $37.00 dlr cost list $42-45 and they last the best. Batts with weeny posts are for WEENY tracs! or as we say here:"I wish I was a real tractor" machines LIKE A 5211! Ha! dlc