Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Loader Hydraulics

tej

Looking for someone who knows hydraulics. I have an L10 loader and I intend to put hydraulic cylinders on the bucket. I have some questions. 1.What is the working pressure of an L10 loader? 2.Do you have to bleed a hydraulic system after you get it all plumbed up and if so how? 3.Will the existing oil reservoir be adequate for adding two double acting cylinders to dump the bucket? I’m also planning on putting a bigger bucket on it. I would appreciate any help on hydraulics I can get. Tim

Evening, Tim, I'm not familiar with the L10 loader, but the information should be available in the manual. Personally, If were building a loader,I would run in the 1500-2000 psi range. Bleeding the hydraulic system is as simple as activating the functions and keeping the reservoir full. You want to fully stroke the cylinders several times in both directions. The air will be forced back to the reservoir and exit the hydraulic fluid there. As far as the reservoir being adaquate, besides holding unused hydraulic fluid the reservoir also acts to cool the fluid. As long as your not doing high cycle work, I would think you shouldn't have a problem. When you fill your reservoir be sure that you have all cylinders in their fully retracted positions, if not you will overfill the reservoir. Later, Chad

Kent, Thanks for the link to the loader specs. After looking at the loader specs I have determined that I have a B1 loader and not an L10.