Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

But, But It Just Followed Me Home!!

johnerj

Went this evening after work to pick this up...

And this just had to come home with me for $100

It runs perfect, cuts great, and seams to be complete except the hood bolts. This tractor is very tight all the way around. The deck looks to be new, with no rust, actually almost no rust on this tractor at all, with original paint. In all my years of playing with these A/C's and Simplicity's this is my first small one, but feels like a nice strong tractor. Thinking I just might like it. How do you guys like your Broadmores? John

I really like my Broadmoors (I have 4 of them)..The mowing is a little slow with them but you sure can't beat the cut with them..I think the 36in cut does great compaired to the 42in on my Landlords..But its very slow on my big yard.. Is that a 5008 or a 5010? I can't quite read the numbers on the hood...I have always wanted to find a good 5010 to use my blower and tiller on...

Haven't seen one of them up here yet, but for 100 bucks it would 'follow me home' even if I was driving the van. Nice find.

Thanks Guys. Kevin, I had to go out and look at it to see it is a 5008. I didn't even know. Just knew it said Simplicity. Can these little guys take blowers? I use my B212, and 7116 to till, plow, and mow so I am set up there. Marty, I used that line on my wife when she said what the heck is in the back of your truck now? I thought you went to get a tiller. I said OH MY that must have followed me home, then she said why don't any of your 15 tractors follow any body else home? B)

Got 5 of them little one my self! Like Tacey said, I use mine more than my two Landlords. The onlt thing that I found that is not great is the piviot point. And the fact that there is only two bolts that take all the abuse. But they are very impressive! Elon

Yes I forgot to mention that I use the blower on mine as well...However since I got that NOS winter cab for my 64 Landlord last season its alot warmer in that..I would love to find a cab for my Broadmoor..Then I might not have any use for the Landlord,LOL Would have to keep it for a back-up though,LOL

Nice little tractor! I have 2 of them, found one clean one like that for $100 also, I have a 32" blower and blade for them, work just find! I mowed with the other one for 20 years! Like the 48" deck on the Soverign for the bigger yard now.

Thanks guys, And yes that old round hood tiller is in real nice shape. I am not sure it has ever been used, but I don't have the double pulley clutch set up for it yet. I did get a set of tine extensions for it also. It has the original paint, even the tines are still painted. Should look sweet on an old Landlord. I will have to keep an eye out for a plow hitch, and or blower for this tractor to try it out, because will not be able to mow anything but snow soon. Will have to do some searching for a picture of the correct hitches and what not. Thanks John

Nice looking Simplicity 5008.;) And the price was also good.^ I also have a AC-608,610 nice little tractors. They sure drive different than the Allis Chalmers 700,900 series tractors.:D Karl

I started out with a 'small' AC...I kinda still have an attachment to it...but I really like my Landlord and my 912H...Hopefully next summer Ill mow with one of the large ones...Great find by the way!