Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

• Announcements

• Kent

Sign In or Password Problems?   10/09/2016

If you can't Sign In, you need to reset your password.  Use the Forgot Your Password link at the bottom of the Sign In screen, and the site will send you an email to reset it. If you have an AOL email account, use the Contact Us link at the bottom of the screen -- AOL is intermittently blocking email from the site.
    • Kent

Feedback Please!   10/28/2017

See News and Announcements forum.
Brucep

Finding Watts

Brucep
Well, I'v run a search and read a bunch of tech tips and looked threw the the manuals for my tractor and still come up empty. I'm trying to figure out what wattage lights I want to buy for my tractor. I know the formula to figure this out P=ExI but I can't seem to figure out where to put my meter leeds to find out my generator output amps. I'm probably over thinking this and it's all so simple it's slaping me in the face. But that's the way it goes I guess. It's driving me nut's. Help Please!

Agricola
The generator will produce the amps as needed up to its rated current. I would guess most can handle 10-15 amps without getting too hot. At 12V, that give your 120-180 Watts without too much trouble. Does that help?

D-17_Dave
If I recall, one equation is Volts x Amps= Watts. Or you can reverse the equation to determine amps load. As long as you know 2 of the knowns you can figure the other. Also if you get intence on the subject of siseing wires and fuses, you must allow for wire lenth, combined amp load, and heat decreaseing the load carrying capacity of the wire.z