Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

• Announcements

• Kent

Sign In or Password Problems?   10/09/2016

If you can't Sign In, you need to reset your password.  Use the Forgot Your Password link at the bottom of the Sign In screen, and the site will send you an email to reset it. If you have an AOL email account, use the Contact Us link at the bottom of the screen -- AOL is intermittently blocking email from the site.
    • Kent

Feedback Please!   10/28/2017

See News and Announcements forum.
Sign in to follow this  
wlff

info on 6050 tractor

UCD
If you are talking about the tractor on ebay it is either a 4040, 4041, or a 9020. By the hood and being 20hp it would be a 4041 or 9020. The best way to tell for sure is with the MFG#. [url]http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=91953&item=3857608054&rd=1[/url] [img]http://i18.ebayimg.com/01/i/02/f5/21/a2_1_b.JPG[/img] At the current bid of $118.00 this is a steal

DaveM
The 6050, I assume, is an AC farm tractor. Not sure I've seen a 6050, but I've seen plenty of other 6000 series tractors. They were a smaller version of the 7000 series high horsepower tractors allis made in the 70's and early 80's. More of a utility or general purpose tractor. DaveM

MN_FISH
$742.50 somebody is going to get a deal! Wish it was me:D Runs for a few minutes and dies could be the coil or needs an electric fuel pump? Anybody else know why it would die?Would a plugged air filter cause it to die & burn oil?

MPH
Old fuelfilter could cause it to run then die, when it no longer gets gas. Oil burnning could be plugged breather, carbon build up, wear on rings and valve guides or likely a few other causes. Wish it wasn't 5000 miles away.

D-17_Dave
I couldn't pass on the chance so I through my name in the pot... My pot ain't that big any more this close to christmas. I got too much else going on to fight over it. Sure wish I had those rear tires though.

tractormike
The 16 horse onan in my bolens would run a little while then die. The fuel pump built into the carb was bad. I had a good carb that didn't have the fuel pump built into it so I put that carb on and added an electric fuel pump and it runs like a dream.

burnerbrown
Man, what bad timing. I live 30 minutes away, and would love a 9020 for the collection and big deck. I haven't been lookin on ebay the last 2 weeks, waiting til the mrs. is over the 68 gmc I brought home a few weeks ago. Least the gmc is sort of simpicity orange.