Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

info on 6050 tractor

wlff

If you are talking about the tractor on ebay it is either a 4040, 4041, or a 9020. By the hood and being 20hp it would be a 4041 or 9020. The best way to tell for sure is with the MFG#. [url]http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=91953&item=3857608054&rd=1[/url] [img]http://i18.ebayimg.com/01/i/02/f5/21/a2_1_b.JPG[/img] At the current bid of $118.00 this is a steal

Noticed the price has gone up. By the shape of the rear fenders I think it is an early 9020. Some different type of air cleaner. Wished I lived closer. StanD

I'm SO tempted to go for it. It's about as far from me (in CT) as Montpielier, VT. Close enough, but the timing couldn't be worse with the holidays and cash flow.

The 6050, I assume, is an AC farm tractor. Not sure I've seen a 6050, but I've seen plenty of other 6000 series tractors. They were a smaller version of the 7000 series high horsepower tractors allis made in the 70's and early 80's. More of a utility or general purpose tractor. DaveM

Dave, if you look at Maynards e-bay link you'll see the seller is clueless as to what he has. It's a PowrMax of some version that looks like a can of whitepaint got spilled on the orange hood.

I think I hear a lot of heart pounding I know mine is but its to far for me to go. Fellows, I hope one of you guy can get it. Ken P.S. let us know if one of you do.

$742.50 somebody is going to get a deal! Wish it was me:D Runs for a few minutes and dies could be the coil or needs an electric fuel pump? Anybody else know why it would die?Would a plugged air filter cause it to die & burn oil?

Old fuelfilter could cause it to run then die, when it no longer gets gas. Oil burnning could be plugged breather, carbon build up, wear on rings and valve guides or likely a few other causes. Wish it wasn't 5000 miles away.

I couldn't pass on the chance so I through my name in the pot... My pot ain't that big any more this close to christmas. I got too much else going on to fight over it. Sure wish I had those rear tires though.

The 16 horse onan in my bolens would run a little while then die. The fuel pump built into the carb was bad. I had a good carb that didn't have the fuel pump built into it so I put that carb on and added an electric fuel pump and it runs like a dream.

I can't go for it this close to Christmas...oh well. Its sooo close to me too! Oh well, I probably have enough on my plate anyway. I hope somebody gets it!

Man, what bad timing. I live 30 minutes away, and would love a 9020 for the collection and big deck. I haven't been lookin on ebay the last 2 weeks, waiting til the mrs. is over the 68 gmc I brought home a few weeks ago. Least the gmc is sort of simpicity orange.