Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

• Announcements

• Kent

Sign In or Password Problems?   10/09/2016

If you can't Sign In, you need to reset your password.  Use the Forgot Your Password link at the bottom of the Sign In screen, and the site will send you an email to reset it. If you have an AOL email account, use the Contact Us link at the bottom of the screen -- AOL is intermittently blocking email from the site.
    • Kent

Feedback Please!   10/28/2017

See News and Announcements forum.
Sign in to follow this  
AC808

Landlord/ B-series trans question...

AC808
I have a B10 that i was told has a bad 3rd gear...I have yet to get it running to know for sure...BUT I was wondering if any of you have had problems with that transmission? My plan is to restore the tractor this winter, not sure if i want to repair or replace the trans. Any opinions?

KSever
Jay, the only real problem I have had with these 3 speeds was a cracked ring that the shift fork was suppose ride in on the gear to change gears. This ring in the picture is supposed to be attached to the gear like the one on the bottom of the picture, but if you look real good the larger gear is a little worn from grinding. [image]http://www.simpletractors.com/club2//attach/KSever/firstandthirdgears.jpg[/image]

BLT
quote:
Originally posted by D-17_Dave
Wow, Bob's willing to give you a transmision, a case of beer AND drive it to you. Sounds like a DEAL to me.lol
I said I live about 100 Mi away. Didn't say free transportation.:D:D

fireballv8
the shift finger on the shifter shaft on mine had came loose and was hitting the two dowel pins. It looked like someone had cross threaded it in. It was hard to shift most of the time. I got some parts from one of the guys and fixed it, shifts great now.

MDB
quote:
Originally posted by fireballv8
I have a Big Ten on Ebay right now, with a loader, you could sell yours, buy mine, and then you guys could just sit on it and use the loader bucket to hold Ice for you beer.
Now that sounds like a plan to me......;):D

gregc
quote:
Originally posted by fireballv8
I have a Big Ten on Ebay right now, with a loader, you could sell yours, buy mine, and then you guys could just sit on it and use the loader bucket to hold Ice for you beer.
Will you throw in a bucket cozy too? Don't want a big pool around the cooler.:D