Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Ebay been good to me

ehertzfeld

I sold a bunch of stuff on Ebay, so I could buy a few things. This is the first to come in. Ive been wanting these for a wile.

As you can see I need some bulbs. I know there has been a few post about them but I figured I would see if anyone has found any new replacments since. I have a few more things comming and caint wait for them to come:D Elon

I was at a auto parts store about a month ago and seen some driving light replacement bulbs that really reminded me of the little bulbs that go into those housings..They was (I think) 45watts..You would have to modify the socket and wire for these as they was a plug in type of light bulb with just a couple prongs on the bottom of them...I don't know if they would fit or not but I think they was real close to the same size bulb.. The original bulbs are 35 watts so these would be a little brighter..I can't remember the part number of the bulbs now but it was something I have been going to check into for replacing mine when needed...

I started a post on these light bulbs it should be in tech tips andhttp://www.simpletractors.com/club2/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=26195 articles.

Rick I've read your post and am impressed with your mods. I was hoping to find ones that I wouldn't need to modify much. Also I should mention that these are going on a tractor with a starter/generator. I'm not sure what they can handle as for watts,amps or such. Im not that knowagable in that department. Elon

Halogen MR-16 bulbs are the right (2") diameter and available in various wattages and beam spread. They even have a style with the BA15d (push and turn) base. But - they look a little long to me. I e-mailed this company and asked for measurements but they never responded. (And here I thought it was just my wife that ignored me :D). One of these days I would like to try and find some of these locally - they might be a good replacement. [url]http://www.purelandsupply.com/item.jhtml;$sessionid$U0LE3VYAAAXF5TZENUEZPQWPERWRJPX0?UCIDs=714694%7C714730&PRID=1465929[/url] You may have to cut and paste this link to get it to work.

This is pretty funny... I bought some bulbs the other day at work that look to be what you guys are talking about. Does anyone have a picture of the original bulb? I'd like to see if this is what I bought. I use the bulbs I bought in our Frank Lloyd Wright Design Elevetor ceiling. I would really be curious to see an bulb original because these one's I hunted for took me about two weeks to track down.

I have one bulb that is good that came out of a 3414. If anyone wants it just tell me where to send it. First reply will get the bulb.

Clyde these are the same bulbs I used in my post except they have a glass lens, where the ones I used were open in the front. At the time of the post I searched every site I could find and $28.00 apiece was the cheapest bulb with lens I could find. this is a deal and if you order 20 watt bulbs the S/G will have no problem. A 9 degree on top and 38 degree on the bottom would probably throw a lot of light.

Thanks Rick - I just couldn't tell from the picture how they would fit. Right now I have four working originals, but it would be nice to have some backups!