Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

• Announcements

• Kent

Sign In or Password Problems?   10/09/2016

If you can't Sign In, you need to reset your password.  Use the Forgot Your Password link at the bottom of the Sign In screen, and the site will send you an email to reset it. If you have an AOL email account, use the Contact Us link at the bottom of the screen -- AOL is intermittently blocking email from the site.
    • Kent

Feedback Please!   10/28/2017

See News and Announcements forum.
Sign in to follow this  
PhanDad

LFGT Rear Wheel Size?

PhanDad
In mounting wheel weights on my Homelite and GTH-L I noticed the wheels are different. What's the correct wheel size for these tractors? Both my A/C Homelite T-12 and Simplicity "16"GTH-L have 23x10.50-12 tires. The A/C Homelite T-10 I parted out had 23x8.50-12 tires. The Homelite T-12 rim is about 9" wide; the 16GTH-L and Homelite T-10 rims are about 8" wide. The offsets are also different Did someone put a too small rim on the 16GTH-L? Or has Simplicity switched to smaller wheels on newer models? Might the difference be related to the switch to Sunstrand from Vickers? I was thinking of mounting a set of Ags on the T-10 rims and thought I would have to get 8.50's. But since the 16GTH-L has the smaller wheels, I guess 10.50's will fit. Thoughts?

UCD
Different models Landlord, Broadmoor, Sovereign etc. had different width wheels some 7" some 8" and I believe 9" with different off sets (back spacing). I have 7 tractors in the garage all with 23 x 10.50 x 12 tires but 3 different wheel widths and back spacing.