Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

• Announcements

• Kent

Sign In or Password Problems?   10/09/2016

If you can't Sign In, you need to reset your password.  Use the Forgot Your Password link at the bottom of the Sign In screen, and the site will send you an email to reset it. If you have an AOL email account, use the Contact Us link at the bottom of the screen -- AOL is intermittently blocking email from the site.
    • Kent

Feedback Please!   10/28/2017

See News and Announcements forum.
Sign in to follow this  
Bunky

42in blower ???

Bunky
I don't see where there is a listing for a 42in blower on a 10hp tractor.. Does anyone use a 42in blower on there 10hp tractor??? Also does the 42 in blowers have 2 different pulley sizes also or are they all the same???

UCD
Simplicity did not offer a 42" blower for the 10 HP only the 12 HP probably because of power requirments. The old style 42" bloweres for the FDT's had a small pulley (5"). The newer 42" blowers for the RBT's had a larger pulley (7").

mowerman1193
I agree with others about the power..One thing to consider is the climate you live in...Some areas have a real wet snow and others real dry snow...I had a 42in blower for my Wheel Horse and everyone asked me how much HP my tractor was..They say the 16hp in my tractor would be needed for that blower..My brother bought a 42in blower for his Wheel Horse (12HP) and he says it really works that tractor and he wish he would of spent the extra money for the 14HP tractor..

MPH
Well stated on the difference in climate Kevin. Except when the wind blows hard and packs it in tight, most of the snow I get I think my 725 would handle a 42 inch blower alright. Its pretty rare around here to be able to make a snowball, except for them late spring storms in May.

acjohn
Bunky, I run a 42" on a 410S. I tweaked the engine a little during a rebuild so it is likely making a little more than 10HP (maybe more like 12). I had to change the drive sprockets to get optimum auger speed and not pull down engine. It handles 10" to 12" in 1st without a problem.