Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

42in blower ???

Bunky

I don't see where there is a listing for a 42in blower on a 10hp tractor.. Does anyone use a 42in blower on there 10hp tractor??? Also does the 42 in blowers have 2 different pulley sizes also or are they all the same???

Simplicity did not offer a 42" blower for the 10 HP only the 12 HP probably because of power requirments. The old style 42" bloweres for the FDT's had a small pulley (5"). The newer 42" blowers for the RBT's had a larger pulley (7").

Bunky, While a 10HP would likely do OK with a 42" blower in smaller snowfalls (6" or less), I think you'd find it underpowered when using it in deep snowfalls...

I have a 42" blower on my 10hp Landlord. I would say it worked better than I expected, but never had to blow anything deeper than about 12".

I agree with others about the power..One thing to consider is the climate you live in...Some areas have a real wet snow and others real dry snow...I had a 42in blower for my Wheel Horse and everyone asked me how much HP my tractor was..They say the 16hp in my tractor would be needed for that blower..My brother bought a 42in blower for his Wheel Horse (12HP) and he says it really works that tractor and he wish he would of spent the extra money for the 14HP tractor..

Well stated on the difference in climate Kevin. Except when the wind blows hard and packs it in tight, most of the snow I get I think my 725 would handle a 42 inch blower alright. Its pretty rare around here to be able to make a snowball, except for them late spring storms in May.

Bunky, I run a 42" on a 410S. I tweaked the engine a little during a rebuild so it is likely making a little more than 10HP (maybe more like 12). I had to change the drive sprockets to get optimum auger speed and not pull down engine. It handles 10" to 12" in 1st without a problem.