Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

What i got tonight!

AC808

I know that this is 'show and tell'...I cant show you tongiht, so Ill just have to tell(pics available tomorrow)...Picked up a Simplicity 7116 hydro w/lift. It needs a carb, the original is in a grocery bag in pieces...Not sure if its all there... I have a replacement though. It also has a rebuilt 48" deck! It'll need paint, thinking about that for the spring...For the low low price of $200! AND I was able to get this WITH the approval of the wife! Funny how having that makes any purchase that much nicer.

Good for you, Jay. If you're going to paint in the spring, you at least have a carb rebuild you can do sometime over the winter! Have fun.

You cant tell from the pic...but it was running at the time...There didnt appear to be any smoke, even on start up...Now i need to find another carb for the 16 hp that is sitting there. Used that one on this machine.

Your 7116H looks quite a bit better than the 7116H that I bought this summer for $250. Mine is not running and a has a lot more rust. Hopefully, one day mine will look almost like new. Congratulations on the find. My wife OK'd my purchase also (fourth tractor) and went with me to pick it up. She likes the trips to new places when I go to pick up parts. It's so much nicer when you don't have to hide things from the wife.