Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

• Announcements

• Kent

Sign In or Password Problems?   10/09/2016

If you can't Sign In, you need to reset your password.  Use the Forgot Your Password link at the bottom of the Sign In screen, and the site will send you an email to reset it. If you have an AOL email account, use the Contact Us link at the bottom of the screen -- AOL is intermittently blocking email from the site.
    • Kent

Feedback Please!   10/28/2017

See News and Announcements forum.
Sign in to follow this  
mark64

Going price on wheel weights?

mark64
I just bought 3 sets of Simplicity wheel weights from a guy who parted out a B10. They seem to weigh about 25# each. I had to give him $140 for the 6 weights. Is that about the going price, or did I pay too much? Mark

BrownA
I thought the rule of thumb was tractor weights averaged a $1.00 a pound. Of course there are other factors such as originality, availability, shipping and what you are willing to pay. My experience is they are not the easiest thing to come by so I grab them when the price is reasonable. I have even bought individual weights before just because, you do it twice and you have a set. Any chance I get to get a set of original style weights for the right price I grab them. I think what you paid was right in the area that you should be. Sounds like you did ok with the deal.

comet66
All that aside...... Any deal you feel comfortable with is a good deal for you. The only reason any buyer wins an item over someone else, is because it was worth more to him. JMHO