Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Going price on wheel weights?

mark64

I just bought 3 sets of Simplicity wheel weights from a guy who parted out a B10. They seem to weigh about 25# each. I had to give him $140 for the 6 weights. Is that about the going price, or did I pay too much? Mark

Like Stated above you got a pretty good deal I just sold a set today for $50 and that was just to get them out of my way and I didn't want to ship them...

I thought the rule of thumb was tractor weights averaged a $1.00 a pound. Of course there are other factors such as originality, availability, shipping and what you are willing to pay. My experience is they are not the easiest thing to come by so I grab them when the price is reasonable. I have even bought individual weights before just because, you do it twice and you have a set. Any chance I get to get a set of original style weights for the right price I grab them. I think what you paid was right in the area that you should be. Sounds like you did ok with the deal.

Thanks for the info. I know they are hard to find so I bought all he had. I was thinking I might have paid too much though, glad to hear I did O.K. Mark

All that aside...... Any deal you feel comfortable with is a good deal for you. The only reason any buyer wins an item over someone else, is because it was worth more to him. JMHO