Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Road trip, found a new tractor

BrownA

This morning I am going to pick up a AC B112. I might do some trading for it or just buy it. That depends on the seller. I just stumbled across this last weekend while out with Eric ( another club memeber ) while assisting him picking up a couple of tractors. It's funny how things work out sometimes. If I didn't offer to help Eric I would have never found this machine. Who knows what else I might bring back today. I am taking the 1 ton with the trailer so room is not the problem, cash is the problem especially at this time of year. I figure this will be the last tractor this year. There is allways next year ???????

Sound like a good way to finish up the year. And just think, a whole new year is just about to begin in which to collect more tractors.....;):D

WHAT! you have 25 more shopping days in 2004! No more of that "last tractor of the year" talk for you. We can even shop when the stores are closed on the 25th. The holiday shouldn't deter any of us from rubbernecking into those backyards as we do our holiday traveling. Just tell the wives we're "looking at the holiday decorations". But NEXT year, oh boy I can hardly wait for those New Years resolutions that people make to get rid of "junk" in their yards. It's like Christmas all over..... Signed, Another tractor junkie. Seriously Al, Good score. Now you will have another project if you decide to combine the two machines (B112's) into one. Make sure you take some before and after pictures. I know that the one you went for had some interesting work done on it's frame to accommodate a loader at one time.

Yes, I got it yesterday. You want to talk about luck. Well I had been fabricating a 6' rear mount grader blade for a Simplicity /AC. It started out as a front plow, split in half the long way and then one section split in half. Spent some time on it and used a bunch of steel kicking around. It came out nice and the guy with the B112 was looking for a blade at least 48" wide. I couldn't remember what type of hitch set up he had so I made the part of the blade that extends to the tractor hitch out of 2" square tubing. I figured he would have to finish that end. Well, it was my day. We get there to his house and I see a three point hitch ( cat. 0 ? ) smallest one with some type of trailer ball on a square tube frame. Guess what ? we pull out the trailer ball and there is the female end of the receiver. I could not believe it when my blade slid right in. The only thing he needs to do is drill a hole for a pin. Boy did that work out well. Needless to say we made a trade, the grader blade for a fixer up / parts AC B112. Sorry no pictures, I hate to admitt it I don't yet have a digital camera. Yes, I don't have rotary dial any more and I do have indoor plumbing, just no digital camera. Well this is the picture of the tractor, stickers on rear seat pan, hard molded plastic seat ( not tractor seat ) , no starter gen., no gas tank, some type of metal welded to frame under area where shifter is ( no clue what it was for ), missing large variable speed belt and ran in the past. I think they all ran in the past at one time. Well it was worth it for me. I have another B112 with the hydraulic lift that needs a bevel gear box and is a project. So between the two machines I should be able to at least make one half way decent one. Today I am trailering both to the car wash and washing them off before I start to rebuild.

You fellows in the east and mid west don't know how lucky you al are to have a surplus of old collectasble around, down south here in SC the pickin so far are pretty slim. And in most cases to go up there is to far a haul for me. Nice find and a good deal ,have fun with the new projest. Ken